Monday, July 29, 2013

Ouuuuuuch


The past 7 days of my 365 to 50 have been crazy.  You would think that I was on my period, except for the fact that I haven't had one in over 2 yrs.  And yes ladies, it IS WoNdErFuL.  But there are the bad that go with the good...  Clumsy clumsy clumsy!   Good news...

"Clumsy is not all in your head, science says, and researchers are studying why it happens to certain people.". The Today Show


So there was a gas leak in my home on Monday.  The smell was so strong when I returned home from work, that my main concern was to make sure my 10 lbs, 4 legged child was still alive.   I opened the windows on my way to my girl, but my immediate reaction was since the air conditioning was on and there was no explosion, that I could 'flip a switch'.  I know, I know, my father was a fireman, fire chief and fire investigator.  I knew you shouldn't turn anything on.  But I started a fan before leaving the house.  "Thank you for looking out for me."

Several trips and falls and blunders during the week.  Cutting the corner too close from my bedroom, past the square pillar at the bottom of the stairs to the great room.  That left a bruise.   Just plain weird things that happened.  

Friday I had only a beer out with the girls and after receiving my a half pint. (yes, you can order a 'half-pint' at most any pub.)  I took one drink and sat it down halfway on my appetizer plate and half off.  In slow motion, the beer landed in my lap.  Soaking my jeans and panties.  I shrugged it off cause , stuff happens.  

Then the Cue de gra.....   I get up early on Sunday excited that there will be Sun.  Tatorhead will not let me sleep in, so I get up to take her out.  It is a somewhat chilly morn.  (Anything under 70 is freakin cold to me).   Sweatpants are needed.  Jumping into the sweats on my way to the kitchen, my pinkie toe doesn't quite make it in, and catches on the wasteband.  I feel my bodyweight going over with no way of stopping.  I land with a thud evenly on the side of my thigh and then my shoulder.  Lying there my first thought is.....THIS IS HOW YOU BREAK A HIP.     "Thank you for looking out for me"

Note to self, sit down when putting on your pants.

1 comment:

  1. lmao! Nice visual...I don't know if age has a great deal to do with it...you should see my daughter.

    ReplyDelete