Monday, July 22, 2013

Old enough to know better?


"Old enough to know better, but still too young to care."
A long ride to the Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid Ohio was how I spent most of my birthday Sunday.  With 2 detours along the way that took us onto gravel roads.  My first real "ride" on gravel was very unnerving, but now I know how it feels and I have a good idea how my bike handles it.  Seeing a deer early in the a.m. was so cool.   I love nature and being on the bike, I feel closer to it.  On the ride home, we hit another road that just suddenly turned to gravel.  No warning  signs. Note to self:  pen a letter to ODOT, we need more signs just for us motorcycles.
I am looking around for deer, I look ahead and the lead was stopping and waving for me to slow down.  Remembering the warning I was given to not apply the front brake, I hit the rear brake, and heard this squealing.  Is that me?  Yes.   Am I skidding?  Yes.   I am thankful for my dirt bike riding when I was young, because as I was told, it was a "controlled" skid.  Phew.
By the time I returned home, I was beat, but I had to get ready for dinner.  A delicious dinner at Eddie Merlot with my favorite guy was a wonderful way to end the day.

Day #1 was not what I was expecting.  I noticed my tire was flat when leaving for work this morning.  A call to AAA and he showed up in 20 min.   This is why I continue my membership even though I have a new car.  He found a hole and was able to plug it safely.  So the up side was that I did not have to purchase another tire.  On my way to work and only an hour late.  "This may not be so bad"
Getting out of my car at work, the top comes off my coffee cup and splashes coffee all over the front of me.  Silk skirt and dry clean only top.  Being the health conscience person I am, I had coconut oil in the coffee.  Emphasis on "OIL".  Water made the spots on the top worse.  So I put on my sweater that I keep at the office and decided to finish the day. 
A 2 mile run/walk when I got home and a walk with my little girl, helped to clear my head.
Tomorrow is another day and another attempt at Windows 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment